background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

24 Weeks

Happy V-day to Baby B! You're probably thinking we haven't even hit Halloween yet, and we're already talking about Valentine's Day? Well Baby Burch will celebrate this V-day first..which stands for Viability Day. Meaning at 24 weeks, baby has a very good change of surviving if he/she was to make a VERY early appearance. So we'll keep this V-day as just another milestone hit, and hope we won't even be celebrating a B-day until the new year!

Another week has come and gone, although 16 weeks just seems so far away. This week I was able to visually watch my belly bounce during the baby's "playtime." Donny has also been able to feel the baby a few more times, which makes us both happy. I've been feeling the baby pretty consistently for the past few weeks, so I'm glad he can now experience it.

****
How Many Weeks: 24

How Big Is The Baby This Week: Baby Burch is still about the size of a Papaya. The baby is about a pound and 1/2 and 12-13 inches.

Weight gain: I think I'm at about 8-10lbs. I feel like the belly bump is growing by the day!

Sleep? I've found the secret to a good nights sleep is not napping during the day...which is a huge disappointment, since I'm an avid napper and pretty good at it!

Cravings? Still nothing that exciting. Although on the topic of food, we found a FANTASTIC pizza place that makes a delicious and enormous NY style pie! Wednesdays are pizza night there...so they are pizza nights here!

Aches and pains? I developed a new pain in my belly this past week. I thought it might be Braxton Hicks contractions, but have been told by numerous people, its not. The pain feels like my belly button and muscles (or lack there of, because those would be AB muscles) are being pulled and stretched from one side to the other.

Signs of labor? I should just delete this until we get closer.

What I miss? I miss days with no nauseousness.

Reaching Milestones: Viability Day!


***Finally a difference from week to week! Do you agree??

2 comments:

  1. you're adorable!
    also, each week I like to see what you're doing with your hair/your hand placement with your itty bitty skinny fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely seeing a difference from 23 weeks to 24. You look beautiful and your belly is growing!

    ReplyDelete