background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

36 weeks and dilating...

That's right!! -- 1 cm dilated!  How exciting.  Now I know that many women can be dilated for weeks, with no real action, but this is just one step closer to seeing our baby!!  Also the baby is head down, which the Dr. could feel in her exam.  Whooo hoo!  I was so afraid of a breech baby!  The Dr. also suggested not traveling too much farther than our family's houses for Christmas, and discussed what I needed to do if my water broke or I started having consistent contractions.  I'm thinking this is just protocol, not that she is anticipating an early arrival.  The bambino's heartrate was still up in the "girl range" at 145 bpm, but I'm still feeling like it could be a boy.   I'm now going to the Dr's once a week...for obvious reason.  I still can't believe we are at this point!

Our other exciting news, was last night we had a maternity photo session, with an awesome photographer, Becca, from RGS Photography (http://www.rgsphoto.net/)  She was here for almost 3 hours taking pictures in the snow, in the house, with props, with pups, and with LOTS of belly!!  It should be about a month until all the pictures are posted on the website, so stay tuned.  She will also be back within a week or two of our new bundle of joy's delivery to take newborn pics, and then again at 6 months of age.   
 

How Big Is The Baby This Week: Still a honeydew and average size is 18 1/2 inches and about 5.5 pounds!  The baby is packing on the pounds now...about an ounce a day!

Weight gain: According to my appointment today, I've gained almost 26lbs. 

Sleep? Sleeping well and I'm not super tired throughout the day either, so I'd say things are going pretty well.   Falling asleep is a little tricky, since the baby is still such a mover, especially at night.

Cravings? Oooo cravings.  I have something to add!  I'd LOVE an OREO milkshake from Applebees.  I had one Saturday night when we went out to dinner with our friend Caitlin, and could eat one every night since.  Next trip to the store will include a package of those little black and white sandwiches of goodness!

Aches and pains?  I'm dealing with the back pain and stretching skin, and just figuring it isn't going away!
 
Signs of labor? No contractions but 1cm dilation and head down has to be a step in the right direction.  

What I miss? I've noticed its getting a little tricky getting in and out of Donny's car.   My mobility is lacking.  I'm also terrified of slipping on the ice!

Reaching Milestones: Weekly Dr's appointments

 *********


Wishing our family and friends the merriest of Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment