background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

35 Weeks

35/35!! We've reached another fun pregnancy milestone...35 weeks down, 35 days to go! 
I had a follow-up Hematologist appointment earlier Monday, and unfortunately my platelets keep creeping closer and closer to 100, which = no epidural.  Last appointment they were 117, this time they were 111.  So we are still safe so far,  but it is still frustrating that there is nothing I can do about it.  So one more appointment is scheduled for the first week in January, so we shall see.  
Now onto the next chapter in the dresser/changing table saga.  All the clothes are folded and stacked and covering our dining room table.  I was eagerly awaiting for the dresser delivery today, and what do you know...it was DAMAGED!  Soooo, they have once again reordered, and hope it comes sooner than later so we can get things taken care of...and of course so I can share a nursery picture. 

How Big Is The Baby This Week: The little bambino is now likely over 18 inches long, and has reached the 5lb mark.  Still moving all over the place, which causes my whole stomach to shake around, like there is a little ninja in there!

Weight gain: 24lbs!  I now weigh more than I ever have in my life, but must say I'm happy I have not blown up all over.  I'm carrying a 24lb basketball out in front of me. Phew!

Sleep? Still no sleeping issues.  Although, it is getting harder and harder to change positions, and my stomach feels like it couldn't possibly be stretched anymore.   

Cravings? I'm beginning to wonder if cravings are all a hoax?  Are pregnant women just using them as an excuse to eat anything under the sun??  If i had to say I was "craving" something, I guess I have wanted more fruit this past week. 

Aches and pains?  The back continues to be a "pain"...and that is an understatement. Chiropractor didn't provide much relief, and blames the pain on my weak prepregnancy abs that are forced to somehow carry those 24+ pounds.  My skin feels like a balloon ready to pop and my ribs have just about had it.  I'm really hoping the rib pain is from kicking feet, not a little noggin. 
 
Signs of labor? No, Nope, Negative

What I miss? I'm getting less and less comfortable.  With the aches and pains as well as being uncomfortable in clothing other than sweatpants and t-shirts.  So I guess I'm missing, being more positive and comfortable, and embracing the belly. 

Reaching Milestones: 35/35 --
Hold on tight folks.  We're in the final stretch. 

 *********
 

1 comment: