background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

34 Weeks..and counting

For anyone who doesn't know, I'm in the middle of getting my Masters.  So since the semester ended this past weekend, I finally feel like I have some time to get baby prepared.  So I tackled the nursery.  
 Flashback to this past weekend...my fantastic in-laws came up to deliver our dresser since it had arrived at JCPenny.  I was so nervous it wouldn't match, since it wasn't from the same collection as the crib, but we got it inside, opened it, and realized it looked perfect.  Well....then we realize the 2 cracks in the wood.  BOO!!  So we took it back to the store and reordered.  
 Anyway, long story, somewhat shorter...I wanted to have the nursery somewhat organized for when the new one was delivered (the dresser not the baby) to the house.  So today I opened up all the clothes in packages and  cut all the tags off of the clothes and blankets.  (PS.  I think all clothes should have stickers, not tags.  It would make it much easier.)  Anyway, I'm currently working on all the laundry.  I got bottles put away in the kitchen, and bowls, plates, and sippy cups tucked away until we need them.  Finally progress!  So I hope to have an updated nursery pic soon, hopefully once the dresser comes.  So until then, this will have to hold you over.  We got the boppy cover out and washed and Don decided it was a travel pillow.   Grady seems concerned!


I also had a Dr's appointment Monday.  Nothing too exciting to report.  Weight is good, Blood pressure good.  Measuring right not.  She couldn't give a baby position and all she said was "geesh, its just a ball."  Heart rate was 140 bpm. 

How Big Is The Baby This Week: Our little honeydew melon is likely over 17.5 inches, and probably near 4.5 lbs.  Getting bigger and bigger everyday.

Weight gain: After this week's Dr's appointment, I've gained a total of 22lbs.  Which is about a pound a week.  Which is completely normal, yet seems like so much. 

Sleep? I thankful I'm still having minimal issues sleeping..besides the bathroom break.  And not to get super personal and graphic, but it seems like I have to go so bad, then its trickle tinkle tinkle. What a phenomenon!!

Cravings? Well the eating out has taken over.  We gotta get back on track.  One things that I'm seriously enjoying is the mini Snickers ice cream bars.  They are 90 calories of yummy goodness.   

Aches and pains?  Back. Back.Back. RAH!  Chiropractor tomorrow. Reallllly hoping for Dr. A to have some magic fingers!!
 
Signs of labor? I hope not.

What I miss? I miss being able to walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I just ran a marathon.  I'll be happy to get "back" into shape, post baby. 

Reaching Milestones: I'm officially off the road for work.  So from now till baby's birthday, I'll be at home working on projects.  So between this and maternity leave, I'm pretty much bypassing the winter driving season.  Good timing!! 

 *********
 
Here is an accidental shot Don took while I was getting into position.  How photojournalistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment