background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

39 Weeks!

Here we are at 39 weeks.  Makes me wonder...will there be a 40 week blog?  or even a 41 week blog?  Be assured avid blog readers, this blog won't just end once Baby Burch enters the world.  We (and by we, I really mean me) will continue to  post updates on our new family member.

We had some serious progress at this weeks Dr's appointment.  Because of an emergency, I had the NP that I had a few weeks ago, who was not only painful, but shared no information with me.  So this time I was prepared and made sure to ask.  My belly measurement was good and baby's heartrate was between 140-160??  She couldn't make it anymore precise?  Apparently, it started out about 140 but then began to speed up once the doppler was in place.  But most exciting...since Thursday, I'm now 2cm dilated, 50% effaced, and she said the baby's head "is right here."  She was really animated about how low the baby was.  She even told me I could feel it if I wanted.  Uhh okay lady. 

So the time bomb keeps tickin'...

How Big Is The Baby This Week: Still a watermelon.  Average size of a baby born at full term is 18.9-20.9in and weighs 6.2-9.2 pounds. 

Weight gain: I was actually down a pound since my last appointment on Thursday.  But all together total weight gain is now 28lbs. 

Sleep? The past couple of nights have not been great for sleeping.  Sometimes its difficult for me to fall asleep but then last night I woke up in the middle of the night and just couldn't fall back asleep.  I'm also fighting my 3rd cold of this pregnancy!

Cravings? Hmm...I'd love a Friendly's 3 Scoop Reese's Pieces sundae!  I even have a coupon for BOGO :)  Of course I'd just have one..Don would have the other!

Aches and pains?  Despite the lack of room..the Bambino is kicking my ribs harder than ever.  I've also felt a lot more kicks into my back.  There is some major movement and shaking going on in there.  Running out of room?  Not our baby!  I'm also feeling more belly pressure as the days go on. 
 
Signs of labor? I think yesterday's check-up was a step in the right direction.  

What I miss? It is a little nerve racking to be out and about.  I mean, what if I'm one of those people that has their water break standing in front of the pickles at the grocery store?

Reaching Milestones: The nursery is almost complete...almost.  And that's why I haven't posted any pictures yet.  I wanted to highlight the final product.  Don began making the bookshelf for all of the Bambino's books.  Hopefully we'll have enough time to finish it!!

 *********

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you both! Better head out for one last "date night" this weekend before baby's arrival! Hope labor and delivery go smoothly for you. Can't wait to hear all the details on baby Burch.

    Sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any day now! I keep waiting for some word on the new baby - so excited for you and can't wait to see the pics (and find out the gender) of baby Bambino!!

    <3 Susan

    ReplyDelete