background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

31 Weeks

This past weekend I had the most fabulous baby shower.  We were really showered with gifts from family and friends.  But because it was such a stand-out event, I'll dedicate a full blog on that....hopefully later this week. 

Monday I had my routine monthly visit to the Hematologist for blood work.  I was gearing up to tell the guy, with all of these normal platelet levels, I think it is safe to part ways.  Peace out Doc!  Well, to my surprise, unfortunately my platelets have dropped below normal again.  So I'm stuck with him! Again, if they drop too low, some anesthesiologist won't allow for an epidural.  And there would obviously be bleeding complications in case of the unfortunate event that I'd have to get a c-section.   So the gestational thrombocytopenia is back in full swing.  Oye Vey!

We also had our our final childbirth class last night.  We really wanted to skip out, but did end up going.

Other than that, things are still going smoothly.  I'm feeling bigger and bigger by the day.  And as usual, this baby is all over the place, bump jumpin in there.  I read baby's movements will begin to diminish due to the lack of room. HA!  I wonder if this is a glimpse of things to come.  It is starting to get more and more painful, but it is still so fun to watch.  
How Many Weeks: 31 weeks - 9 weeks to go.  Single digits!!

How Big Is The Baby This Week: The bambino is still the size of a squash for another week or two, and is around 17-18 inches, and 4lbs. 

Weight gain: 18lbs, although that may quickly increase due to the swedish fish, milkshakes, and chinese food I have ate between the past 2 nights!

Sleep? Sleep has become a bit of a struggle because of a pesky cold I got.  Last night Don and I both had dreams we had the baby.  In mine, Don had to leave the room, but was around for the birth of a boy!  Donny's was ummm..interesting!  Lets just say, women are meant to breastfeed :)

Cravings? Still no changes in the amount of food I'm eating, but I have been indulging a bit more.

Aches and pains? My stomach is hard as a rock, and some times feels as though my skin is being stretched paper thin. 

Signs of labor? NO NO NO!

What I miss? I miss being able to zip my coat up without feeling like the stay puft marshmallow man.

Reaching Milestones: Single week digits!


******
Is it me, or is there quite the belly pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment