background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 27, 2013

We Grow 'Em Big

Well I turned the big 3-0 on Wednesday.  I had a pretty relaxing day with Don and Kenz, which included a lunch date, and frozen yogurt for dinner!  

And to kick off this birthday, I was excited to start the morning out with a growth scan of Baby Burch, and the start of my weekly Dr's appointments. 
So I was 36 weeks, 4 days on Wednesday, and our little porker is measuring at 38 weeks, and already 7lbs 6oz.  Baby is head down, back along the right side of my belly, butt right in my ribs, and legs all the way across my belly, with its ankles crossed.  So everytime this babe kicks, its butt slams into my ribs -- therefore explaining all of the back and rib pain I've had on my right side.  
She also thinks this baby takes after big sister Kenzie and has a pretty good amount of hair already.  Now take a look at the "little" peanut.  Looks just like big sister Kenzie right?  Which pretty much means, we've got another baby that looks just like its daddy....Good thing he's cute!

My appointment was good too.  There was no talking of induction, which I was worried would happen since baby is running on the moose size.  She estimates I'll have a baby around the same size as Kenz.  Also just because baby is bigger, it doesn't mean they can come any earlier.  BUT, I am happy to report that at first exam my doctor said I was just not quite 3cm.  She eventually said I was 1-2cm, 50% effaced, and -2 station.  So I'm excited to see what kind of progress we've made this week!

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering what the latest update is! This baby does look like Kenzie!! My vote is still girl, but I'm thinking I might like to change my guess on the weight to be a little higher! Look at those cheeks! :)

    ReplyDelete