background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 17, 2013

It's About That Time -- Boy or Girl?

Well friends (and any complete strangers that may stumble upon this blog)...It is time to get your guesses in on what this bump has got in there!  
I have a sonogram and appointment on Wednesday, which I'm sure may give us a good idea of how big this babe is, as well as if there are any signs of progression.  (In case you want to cheat a little and wait for an update) 
So if you're feeling confident, guess away.....  Excited to see what you all thing!



I thought before you may feel absolutely confident with your guess, I thought we'd take a look at old wives tales and see where we fall with those!  I'll say for the most part, most people, including complete strangers, are guessing girl.  But these below are for sure, completely science-based, so I'm sure you'll be able to come up with your best guess just by these results alone ;)


Where are you carrying?  Out front = boy
Fetal Heartrate?  Higher than 140 = girl
Morning sickness?  Ugh yes = girl
Female intuition = boy
Basketball or Watermelon? Basketball = boy
Craving fruit? Yes = girl
Craving sweets? Yesterday was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, and I told Don I wish we could celebrate everyday! = girl
Moodier than usual? Oh holy cow, YES! = boy
Active baby? For sure! = boy
Graceful or clumsy? Ummm, I don't think I notice anything different, so I'd say Graceful = girl
Chinese lunar calendar = boy
Chilly feet or the same? Same = girl
What side do you sleep on? Left = boy

For the record,... I copy and pasted this same list from back when we did this for Kenzie.  {Full disclosure}....I only had to change 2 (lunar calendar and gracefulness).  So take your best "educated guess."

3 comments:

  1. I say girl, 8 pounds 2 ounces, June 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am selfishly voting for a boy, so that our sons can grow up together and be college roommates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing a boy. I always loved how complete strangers new exactly what I was going to have and usually based on the most ridiculous things. I had a guy tell me "my wifes rear got bigger when she was pregnant and she had a boy so you will probably have a boy too." Just what I wanted to hear! LOL. I can laugh now but I had many break downs over that guys one statement.

    Love reading to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete