background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Project 52{24}

Motherhood is:
growing up


I don't know what happened this week, but in every picture I saw of Kenzie, she looked so grown up.  She looked like a toddler, not my baby.  And what is scary is I know there are going to be more moments when I realize this and think...now she really is growing up.  Like when we put away the diapers, or the first time she wants to walk without holding my hand, or go down the slide without someone on the bottom to catch her.  
It seems like everyone is asking us lately "so, are you ready for the next one?"  And while I've heard of people catching the "baby fever" when their little ones start to grow up, I feel like I'm the total opposite.  I'm loving Kenzie's personality, independence, and playfulness lately.  She makes me laugh everyday..multiple times. She picks up on new words, new signs, new quirks every day.  And right now, I just want to soak those all up and not miss a thing!

2 comments:

  1. We saw you today walking down the sidewalk with your parents... you waved but I'm pretty sure you didn't know it was us... haha! Hope you had a nice visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It clicked after you drove by. Right as I was waving I said "Do we know those people." Then my Dad said it looked like Russ Hatch, and I said oohhh it's probably Martin and Cassie :)

      Delete