background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Project 52{23}

Motherhood is:
pushing the limits


She hasn't always hated swinging. (Sidenote: look at my little itty bitty baby) Anyway, when the weather got nice in March we took her to the playground, and to my surprise she immediately started whining when I put her in the swing.  I figured she had forgotten all the fun a swing can bring to a 14 month old's life, but when she was frantically signing "all done" I realized this little lady is not up for swinging. So how did I get this mid laughter picture?  I sat in front of her, and let the swing/her run into me.  I'd then stumble back and make some ridiculous noise, which was quickly followed by shrieks of laughter...every.single.time.    I remember doing this with my little sister when she was a baby and getting the same response,  So just like with her fear of grass, sand, food on her hands, and I'm sure other quirky things I'm forgetting, we just kept pushing it.  And although she'd rather climb and slide at the playground, I still make her swing a few times...even if its just so I can hear her laugh!

1 comment:

  1. I love this one! She looks so much like Donny with this smile :)

    ReplyDelete