background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Project 52{17}

52{17} 
Motherhood is 
fleeting



It can sometimes be exhausting.  Sometimes frustrating. Sometimes emotional.  Sometimes a handful.  
But I can't believe she is over 15 months old, and I know in no time she'll be off to her first day off school, and her first prom, and college.  So for now I'm embracing her growing personality, her laughter, and my favorite....open mouth spitty kisses.  
I can't tell you the last time she fell asleep on either of us.  But on one day when I was trying to stall her nap, so she could sleep during my conference call, I realized she was becoming still.  As much as I needed her to be awake, I let her lay there.  We laid there snuggling together for a too short 20 minutes.  There is something about her when she is sleeping.  Whether its in her crib or on me, I just want to be with her.   

1 comment: