background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Where in the world are the Burchs?

I've been HORRIBLE at blogging these last few months.  Its something I really love, and I'm afraid I'll look back and regret writing down our family doings.  This little girl has just been keeping us on the move.  One of the main reasons I have less blog time, is almost immediately after Kenzie's 1st birthday, she decided she was going to be a one nap kind of a girl.  Previously I had 3-5 hours of uninterrupted quietness.  I now only have 1-3 (give or take).  So now she is usually sleeping a few hours once a day, usually about 11 o'clock.  It seems to work for her and I'll make it work for me.  Although I am risking my small window of opportunity that would include a shower...I'll risk it!





So what have we been doing..
....Besides soaking in our almost 14 month old!? 
 
Well we have had a really mild winter with barely any snow, and now, just a few days into spring its beautiful outside.  These past few weeks have been like summer around here in WNY, even enough to turn our AC on at night, since the house gets pretty stuffy upstairs!  So we've been enjoying this weather going for walks, and playing in the grass while we wait for Daddy to come home.  Kenzie had a quick fear of the grass on her barefeet, but I think the more I force her to play in it, the better she gets.  She already seems to be walking in it a bit more.  She also wasn't a huge fan of the swing at daycare, so I've been trying to break that fear as well.  So like everyone this time of year, she seems to really love being outside.

Still is still working on perfecting her stride.  I thought for sure after those first few steps she'd be off running in a few weeks.  She does take a few more steps than before, but that is as far as she goes.  Everyone says "You will regret hoping for this,"  But she gets into EVERYTHING now, so what is the difference if she is crawling or toddling to it?  Her pants would look a lot better too without all those dirty knee stains!
Paper towel anyone?
She is also a lover of all things food related.  I'm happy to report that she drinks her needed 10-16oz of milk a day.  She also scarfs down veggies, but strangely only likes clementines and bananas.  I've tried all sorts of other fruits, but she just feeds them to the dogs!


I guess I have a lot of pictures of her when she's eating.  Probably because she is content and contained! 
And on that note...I still hear silence from her nursery which means there is even time for a shower!  Ants in my pants!!!

1 comment:

  1. Two naps to one is a tough transition (for mommy)! Tim recently went from one to none, making my afternoons way busier and louder... their morning TV time is how I get my shower! I LOVE the paper towel picture -- :)

    ReplyDelete