background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Birthdays and Anniversaries

January 19th, 2011 -- 1 year ago today, was our due date.  I can't believe how much has changed in just one year.  To be honest, I've been having those serious heart squeezing flashbacks lately.  Last week I was driving for work over near my Ob's office.  I thought about how I was making that drive every week.  My heart felt like it was going to burst with a mixture of sadness, love, and missingness.  
And American Idol started up this week.  I turned on a recording from the DVR this morning.  A year ago I use to do the same thing, in the wee hours of the morning during late night feedings with Kenz. 

I think Mackenzie has been sensing my need to squeeze her any chance I can get.  She's been extra snuggly.  This morning she even snuggled on my chest, just like she use to! 

So tonight we decided to celebrate  Donny's birthday  the same way we did 1 year...pizza and wings.  Unfortunately our night didn't go as planned (at first).  First we took a little trip to the radiologist's office.  Funny story now, but at the time....pretty scary.  While playing with Donny's wedding ring, he noticed it was gone.  We looked everywhere...everywhere!  So the only thing we could think of was she swallowed it.  So after a few tears, we headed off to the ambulatory center.  They were expecting us, and I have to say, so happy to see Mackenzie!  They greeted us with a "There's that hungry baby."  Sadly neither Don or I could go back to assist, which instantly brought the tears back.  But they came back with our smiley baby quickly, and with no noticeable ring in her belly.  All the ladies were raving about Kenzie...specifically her cheeks, and pouty lip, and how observant she was of everything around her exam room. 
So since all was okay, we headed off to Torella's 1 year later.... 
Our sweet baby Mackenzie Leigh could not be anymore perfect!  So lucky, blessed, and overjoyed to have her join our family. 
Chicken wing picture + baby! 



Happy Birthday Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment