background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Father's Love

So I've been a complete slacker when it comes to blogging, but it is all in good reason....I'm just one week away from finishing my Masters, and I can not wait.  It was tricky at times, especially the start of the spring semester falling oh so conveniently the week Kenzie was born.  But now days from being done, I can enjoy the summer with my family and can focus on watching my little lady keep growing.

So lets rewind a few weeks to Father' Day.  Again just like Mother's Day we choose to celebrate this silly holiday EVERYday.  But when speaking about the dads in our lives, both Donny and I are lucky enough to have very hands-on, involved, and loving Dads, that have now seamlessly turned into fantastic Grandpas. 
Our day was filled with slumber parties and baseball.  We snuggled all morning, then headed to the bating cages.  And just like every Sunday night, Don finished off the day with a baseball game. 

Now I knew my husband would be a fantastic and wonderful Dad.  I can't wait to look outside seeing him and Mackenzie playing softball in the backyard.  I can't wait to see her running at him, arms wide open, when he gets home from work.  But for now I'll gladly continue to love seeing her big ol' gummy smile when he comes home from work, and her mimicking him by blowing raspberries (ok she mostly spits), and I love when she hears his voice during a feeding, she looks all around for him, even if it means finishing her feeding with a sore neck. 
I continue to fall in love with this amazing guy and Dad everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Mackenzie is a lucky girl to have parents like you & Don!

    ReplyDelete