background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

1/2 Year Old

Excuse my while I post this blog through tear-filled eyes....okay not really, but I'd be lying if I said, I've never shed a happy, sweld with love tear, that just came leaking out because of the overwhelming love I have for our perfect little Mackenzie Leigh.  My 6 month old is fast asleep in her crib, and I miss her already.  It's been an hour, but I miss her.  I miss kissing those cheeks, and squeezing her tight.     

I love that everyone says Kenzie looks like her dad, which is usually followed by a compliment about her eyes -- she's a perfect mix of Donny and I.
I love that when she sleeps, she puts her arms behind her head.
I love listening to her blabbing away after waking up in the morning and after naps.
I love that she makes perfect strangers smile.
I love that she puts her hand in her mouth when she's nervous or upset.
I love her reaction when Fausto and Grady come into the room.
I love this baby. I love our family. These 6 months have been the happiest 6 months of my life.
* And a special note from Donny -- when asked what he loves about Mackenzie "everything...except when she's crabby"




1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 months!! Mackenzie eating grass made us laugh out loud- she is the best!

    ReplyDelete