background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

4 Months Old!

Time.Please.Stand.Still.....I can't believe Mackenzie is now 4 months old.  Everyone says how big she is getting and how old she looks.  On the outside I smile..but on the inside my heart breaks a little.  We've now moved on to how many months Kenzie is...because 17 weeks involves too much math. 
Kenzie is a moving all over the place, which isn't much of a surprise reflecting back on her dance parties in my belly.  She has been rolling over for a few weeks now.  I thought the first time she did it was a fluke, but within the week she had been rolling in one swift motion.  She has never really enjoyed tummy time, and by "never really enjoyed" I mean she tolerated it for about 5 seconds, so you can imagine the drama once she's stuck on her belly after rolling over.  So we roll her back over, walk away for a few seconds, and the grunts and whines are back.  The little lady just can't stay still.    
We have her on a great schedule with eating, playing, and sleeping.  She is still continuing to sleep all night, besides the occasional 4:30am wake up call since she has rolled herself over and gets stuck on her belly.  I've realized the highlight of my day is rescuing her from her crib.  Whether its an unexpected very early wake up call, or a morning she sleeps in till 8 or 9...that gummy spitty smile makes my day.
She is becoming harder and harder to photograph because of how excited and active she is.  She's such a mover and a shaker.  She is also laughing and giggling more and more with the occasional gut laugh.






   

No comments:

Post a Comment