background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Game of Catch Up..Part 2

So remember that time I got pregnant and I fell of the face of the Earth when it came to blogging about Baby Burch 2??  Poor thing is already getting the shaft.  Well lets hope this is a good kickstart to somewhat weekly updates, doctor's appointment excitement, and other randomness to remember this exciting time in our life.

So it all started back on October 4th, when I took the all important pregnancy test, and got the ever so important double line.  Honestly, I couldn't believe it.  I wasn't having the same symptoms I had when I suspected I was pregnant with Kenz.  And it happened SO FAST, like one month fast.   
I decided to keep it from Don, since I thought surprising him with Kenzie's help would be fun, and I assumed he would be as surprised as me!  
So I took a quick snapshot of my baby girl after I shared with her news, that she didn't understand, but doesn't seem to be thrilled with our little secret, and headed off to AC Moore.  I made up this quick shirt and had Kenzie waiting for Don when he got home from work.  His first words "Shut-up!"  ....how profound :)

So just a few days later we were off on our Caribbean Cruise.  We had a touch of a scare right before we left (awesome timing), but when I talked to my Dr., she had no reservations on letting us head out. She was so positive and hopeful we'd see her right after the cruise with positive news!   
And we did!!  I calculated our due date as June 10th, but baby measured a little later at June 15th. His/her heartrate was about 144bpm. Ahhh sweet relief!
And then next few weeks were a blur.  A big nauseated blur. Like with Kenz, I was terribly nauseous all day long.  I can't tell if it was a bit easier this time around, than with Kenz, or if I was just dealing with it better, since I couldn't just lay around like a slug all day.  I lived on soft pretzels, baked potatoes, and Greek salads.  
We again did the 1st trimester screen.  Everything looked great on the ultrasound, and when the blood test came back, my doctor said I had the best numbers you can get!  Also good news....my platelets are NORMAL this time!

Luckily pretty soon after the start of the 2nd trimester, the nauseousness subsided.  I felt like I could feel the stomach flutters pretty early, but I'm not sure.  Don did feel the baby really early, I think around 18 weeks, so that was exciting.  
Everything looked completely normal at the anatomy scan at 18 weeks.  Only issue...my placenta is covering my cervix, and needs to move to make room for baby's preferred exit.  I have a repeat ultrasound in a few weeks to see if it has moved.  *fingers crossed*   

Pheww...well I think that brings us up to date.  I am 25 weeks today, and will hopefully start weekly updates tomorrow!  Get ready to see a big-ol-belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment