background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Surpises + Photoshoots = Memories

I was completely surprised this weekend when Don mentioned a late birthday present that had been on backorder but should be arriving Saturday.  He was so worried I wasn't going to like it, since I never asked for it.  He gave me clues such as, it's an electronics, it was pricey, and he got it because of Kenzie, but not for her.  Well he is the techy guy, and I hate spending large amounts of money, and what would we need for Kenzie that we don't already have. I had no idea and really just brushed it off since who doesn't like a good surprise.  Then it dawned on me when I saw the newly purchased frame all ready for a picture from her newborn photoshoot.
I was right!  But its not just any camera.  Its an amazing big old fancy professional camera with detachable lens? (is that what its called?), and fancy functions, and makes the best "clicky" noise when it takes a picture.  It does more things then I even know where to begin. 
I've always really enjoyed photography and taking pictures, but I was just a point and shoot kind of gal.  But since Kenzie has joined our family, I don't want to miss a second of her growing up.  So I've dressed her up, added props and bows, and made her sit in baskets and baseball gloves all to get a good shot and memories of our growing baby.
So I guess my days of pointing and shooting are up, as I begin to learn how to use this beauty to shoot my little beauty!   This could completely backfire on Don because I'm seeing monthly family photoshoots in our future :)

The convenience of having my iPhone almost all the time, allows me to take pictures in a second.  I don't think one day has gone by that I haven't taken a picture of her.
Here are some of our earlier photoshoots.





 These are with the new camera :)




1 comment:

  1. Mercyloves, be still my heart. She just keeps getting cuter. I love the new camera, I've been wanting a SLR for about forever. I think I'd have to get pregnant though just to talk Glenn into it :)

    ReplyDelete