background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 23, 2014

A getaway for Don and Erin

You always hear it... Parents, couples, etc etc should have some alone time.  We really tried to do the once a month date night...that lasted a month!  But we did do one thing I've wanted to make a point of doing.  Back in the fall, we "stumbled" upon some credit card points, which we usually use to do travel with our little famil...  But this time we did a little something big..just.the.two.of.us.  We booked a 5 night cruise.  5 seemed perfect.  Not too short, but not too long away from our babies.  Kenzie had stayed away from us 1 night, and Cam..never!  The anxiety of leaving them was horrible.  
We knew they'd be in good hands, splitting the time with both grandparents.  But the tears were already flowing by the time we hit the Cuba exit on Rt 86.  I knew they'd be fine.  I knew we'd be fine, and feel much better once we were on our way.  They were angels for their grandparents (as usual) and we had a really great time.  We are already eyeing up our next one!


After our arrival in Florida at 5:30am (whooo hoo for a cheap flight), we had plenty of time to spare on the boat!  Here we are just waiting to depart from Miami. 

Arriving in Jamaica

 We went to the Bamboo Beach Club which served tapas Jamaican foods and drinks.  We also did some shopping. I've heard a lot of negatives about Jamaica, but we really loved it!  

 In the Cayman Islands we fulfilled one of the items on my bucket list... note:  swimming with dolphins was not on Don's bucket list.  ;)   But we swam with dolphins!!  Ever since I saw Stephanie and DJ Tanner swim with the dolphins in the beach boys Hawaii episode (come on, I know you know which episode it is), I wanted to.  I snagged a deal on black friday, and we made it happen.
We also go to visit the turtle farm, which I also reallllly loved!  


It was beautiful all morning, until our time to swim.  It poured the whole time.  These pictures cost just about as much as the excursion alone, but we we had to!  I love Don's no impressed fast, where I could not be more excited. 















 And here is our beauty of a ship, on our way out of the Cayman Islands.  
Till next time carnival..

No comments:

Post a Comment