background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Emotions

It's happening again... Those little flashbacks that make my heart ache, realizing my sweet Kenzie is (too) quickly reaching her 1st birthday.  Maybe its because I'm already researching and planning.  And I know its still 4 months away, but when I think about how quickly the past 8 months have gone, I can only imagine the next 4 will fly.  
Its not that I don't want Kenzie to never grow up, and its not that I don't LOVE the interactions and personality that she has now.  But I'm just missing the little cuddly baby that would fall asleep on my chest for hours.  Those little squeaky noises she would make just hanging out on the floor.  
I laid in bed the other night, scrolling through the 2,287 (seriously) pictures and videos on my iPhone.  Tears were streaming down my face, as I smiled and laughed at my then brown haired precious baby girl.  We went into BabiesRUs over the weekend to get Kenzie a Sophie Giraffe.  We were surrounded by belly bumps and price scanning guns, and that all familiar overwhelming looks on their faces.  Then I turned the heat on the other day for the first time...and that familiar new furnace smell filled the air, the same as it did after it was installed, the day before Kenzie was born. 
I guess this is why people usually have more than one baby.   One thing is for sure...I'm gonna be emotional mess on January 26th. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, Erin! I love all the baby phases, but I get so sad when one phase ends. :( Time goes by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete